RULES 2020 Openwater Horten-Moss10k
Openwater Horten - Moss 2020 - 7th edition
Distance: 10km (olympic distance)
When: 27th of June at 0715 (Start may be altered due to current and weather)
Where: Fyllinga Båthavn
Racebrief: 26.06 at Thon Hotel Horten at 18:00
Limited to 150 openwater swimmers
1. Entering the race:
By paying the entry fee and starting the race each athlete accepts and agree to follow the race rules. Mandatory race briefing 26.06.2020 or TBA (weather, wind, waves and tidewater)
2. Open water race course:
The race course will be clearly marked with boat, beach flag and buoys.
- The athletes must follow the marked course.
- The athletes will have the option to bring one (1) support kayak during the crossing.
- If athletes don’t follow the course they will be disqualified.
- Cut off 2H40 min after start with Jeloy Aidstation.
- There will be one aidstation outside Jeloy. This is half way to Moss.
- Cut off Jeloy is 2:40 and (5500meters).
- You can have your own special need bag placed at our aid station boat.
- We will have medical staff on the boat following the athletes.
- You need to be at least 16 years old to enter Horten-Moss openwater swim
- You need to be in a good physical condition to enter the openwater swim
- Men’s, women’s class.
- You need to select your start wave! Are you estimated to finish 10.000m at MORE than 3.30min, you will be starting in WAVE 1.
- Fast swimmer, and your estimate will be LESS than 3.30hours, START WAVE 2 - Please have in mind your swimspeed when training for this event.
The race organization reserve the rights to cancel the race 1 hrs before the start due to bad weather/wind or any other force majeure that may occur. No refund. Possible race day to be postponed by one day.
4. Race equipment:
- All open water athletes need to bring all their equipment from start to finish
- Before the race start the organization will carry out a mandatory gear check
- Equipment not allowed as zoomers and paddels - nor any help from others than crew
- Wetsuits suitable for water temperature of about 14-16 degrees Celsius
- One whistle
- One personal swimbouy will be mandatory for all athletes
- Swimcaps that must be worn during the crossing
- GPS tracking and timing
- Carrying one bag from start to the finish line in Moss
- Aidstation with gel, water, cola, bars and fresubin etc.
- Finish line with food and drinks.
- Finisher t-shirt open water - horten-moss 10.000m
- Medals and winners ceremony
The race will be timed from the race start to Moss harbour with Racetracker GPS and chiptiming. The GPS-tracker shall be attached to the swimbouy.
6. General information:
- The athletes shall read and understand the openwater rules.
- The athletes need to respect other athletes, spectators, the organization and local inhabitants.
- All athletes need to show fair play and are not allowed to use unfair methods to finish the race.
- Any kind of doping is forbidden, we follow WADA regulations and NIF rules.
- In case of emergency athletes are obliged to help if asked by the organization. During the open water crossing all athletes participate at their own risk - You need to sign the declaration at the race brief
- If an athlete abandon the race he/she shall report this as soon as possible to one of the race organization boat or kayaks.
The race organization reserve the right to refuse any athlete to continue if they are evaluated as incapable of continuing because self-fatigue. Please make sure you can reach the cutoff at Jeloy at 2hrs 40 min. There will be safety boats along the crossing.
The race organization works with the Horten VTS central, who is responsible for all traffic and radio communication with other vessels. They will be able to reroute inbound or outbound vessels. Any athlete support boat must not interfere with the swimmers unless told so by the race organization.
8. Race jury:
The race jury is the race director and two other persons from the race organization.
The tasks of the race jury are:
- All decisions regarding disqualifications.
- Handle protests.
- Make sure the race rules are enforced.
- Decisions about course changes. At least two members of the jury is needed to be able to take a race jury decision.
- The race jury has the right to use “common sense” to take a decision about arisen situation if it is not clear in the rules
- Any decision of the race jury is definitive. Protests
- If an athlete would like to protest, that must hand in a written protest to the race organization within an hour after finishing the race.
• number and members signature
• the reason of the protest
• if the protest includes another athlete, then their number needs to be included.
If a protest does not fulfill the criteria of the above points it is being ignored.
Any jury decisions will be communicated to the involved parts as soon as it has been made. Disqualifications.
If an athlete fail to follow the swim rules, they will be disqualified external assistance.
During the Horten – Moss swim it is not allowed to receive assistance from other people than the race organization, or your registered support kayak.
9. Media and sponsor exposure sponsor markings:
- The swimmers are allowed to have sponsors logos on their race gear. Pictures and film free rights.
- The participants of Horten-Moss give the race organization the right to use pictures and film material taken during the race free of rights in marketing online and offline, press material, internet, television and movies.
Through a mandatory, personal signature on the “waiver” the athlete accepts the conditions of participation (conditions of participation are the ones that athlete already accepted upon the online registration). The organization will hand athletes the declaration which must be signed upon the pick-up of the race quip Saturday morning.
11. Licence and insurance:
The Horten-Moss Open water 2020 requires that you have our mandatory license fee with accident insurance covering your participation. This is included in your registration fee.
Insurance is mandatory.
You are accepting the open water Horten-Moss rules by paying the entry fee and by starting the race each athlete accept and agree to follow the race rules.
Fee: NOK 1490kr + 90kr admin/license fee
Check out our webpage at www.horten-moss.com
Check out our webpage at www.horten-moss.com